Saturday, December 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Balls

So I am at moms this week and got to help with the annual making of Christmas goodies. Leah & Bethany got in on the action too. As we mixed & rolled mom brought up the story of our first Christmas in Pella when I got bored waiting for mom to help me make peanut butter balls. I had collected the ingredients and started spinning around the kitchen with the bag of powdered sugar. Little did I know that I had hit the counter and broken the bag! I ended up coating the entire kitchen in powdered sugar. So instead of mixing up the peanut butter balls, I spent the afternoon vacuuming. Mom loves me so much she took a picture back then and still let me help yesterday.

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter (we like crunchy)
1/2 cup oleo, melted
1 medium pkg chocolate chips
1/2 square paraffin wax
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups rice krispies

Mix powdered sugar, peanut butter and melted oleo. Add rice krispies. Cool and shape in to balls. Melt chocolate chips and wax in double boiler or microwave. Dip balls into this mixture. Place on waxed paper.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

These are so yummy! Bradley and I just made these Wednesday night for him to take to work for a food day. Love the picture of you Sarah!!

Paula said...

Those sound good! I'll have to try those...loving the side pony!!

Followers