Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pulled Pork

So I guess I am the only one cooking. This is what we had for supper last night. I actually made it and then split it in two and brought half of it to a friend who recently had a baby. Paul was upset that I was giving it away so I guess I will have to make it again this weekend.

PULLED PORK

-Pork Roast - I used a 4.5 lb pork butt roast. You can also use a "boston cut" or "picnic cut". I don't know much about cuts of pork but what I used tasted excellent.
-One can of beer or other carbonated beverage (7-up, rootbeer, coke)-
-Liquid smoke

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on medium for 10-12 hrs or high for 5-6 hours. (I did mine on high). Remove meat from cooker and shread with a fork. Toss out cooking liquid. Return pork to the cooker and add barbeque sauce. I used Baby Ray's. Cook on med for an additional hour. Serve alone or on buns.

Next time I think I will add onions.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

I made this last night it was great! Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Followers