Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grilled Salmon with Fresh Lime Cream

Many thanks to my friend Ronda for sharing this recipe. Would have taken a photo but it just doesn't always happen when I'm trying to get two hungry little people and a busy husband to the table. This wasn't a huge hit with the kids but they both tried. Paul declared it a winner though.

Also, I'm thinking I could bake this salmon in the winter when I don't feel like messing with my grill.


Grilled Salmon with Fresh Lime Cream

Salmon
1 tsp grated lime peel
1/4 c lime juice
2 tbs honey
1 tbs fresh dill or tsp dried
2 tsp canola or soybean oil
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets cut into 6 pcs
1/2 tsp salt

Fresh Lime Cream
1/3 c fat free mayo
1 tsp grated lime peel
2 tsp lime juice



Arrange salmon skin side up in 8 in glass backing dish, pour marinade (in smal bowl mix lime peel lime juice, honey dill weed and oil) over it and turn to cover all sides cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20-30 minutes or more.

Brush grill rack with oil& heat grill for direct heat. Remove salmon from marinade sprinkle with salt and place on grill skin side down grill. Cook over medium heat 10-15 min until done.

Mix lime cream ingredients with wire whisk serve with Salmon
- Show quoted text -

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Glad it was a hit with Paul, I think thats what I'm fixing for dinner tonight.

Followers