Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lido 14



Last week Leah and I made cupcakes. Not this recipe because we didn't have all the ingredients. I was reminded that this really is the best cupcake recipe EVER! I remember requesting it instead of cake for birthdays as a kid. I think it comes from a cookbook from Klemme, IA. I have no clue what the name means. I think it's because you add 14 ingredients?

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
2 Tbs. vinegar
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients together. Add liquids and stir well with a whisk. Prepare filling by combining ingredients.

Filling:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
6 oz chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Line cupcake pan with papers. Fill cups half full with chocolate batter and add a large teaspoon of filling. Top with patter. Bake 30 minutes at 350. Tops can be dusted with powdered sugar if desired.

We have frosted these as well but it's not really necessary.

No comments:

Followers