Monday, June 8, 2009

Secret Spices

Every family has them, secrets! Here I am airing out a couple of family secrets on our blog!

The first is my favorite spice blend to put on EVERYTHING! Really, we put it on every thing we put on the grill! The real surprise is that it is awesome on fish. Just rub fish fillets with olive oil & a little lemon juice and give them a generous sprinkle of Texas Jalapeno Seasoning. Thanks to Cindy, my father-in-law's girlfriend, a Texas native, for turning us on to this one. And a funny story, we used to go to one of those "grill your own" steak places a lot and I would bring this along in my purse to put on my steak!

The second one is popular at mom and dad's and has just started to become a regular here. It comes from Curt at spiceguy.com up in Fish Creek, WI. I think mom and dad bought their original bottle while vacationing there. Good stuff, especially on scrambled eggs!

No comments:

Followers