Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tequila Lime Chicken

Applebee's used to have this chicken on their menu and it used to be my favorite! I like it so much that I searched the internet to find the recipe. This is it. It's WAY to complicated for me and my husband swears he is "allergic" to tequila so I've made lots of modifications. Try it though it's good!

Here's my list of modifications
- I leave out the tequila in the marinade
- in the sauce, I skip the tomato, onion, vinegar & jalapeno and add two big spoons of jarred salsa instead.
- if I can't seem to find all the spices for the sauce I skip them. The important ones are the cumin and the dill.
- and I DON'T move these from the grill to the broiler. I just throw a piece of foil on the grill, put the chicken on it and then do the cheese & sauce.
- I rarely have chips around so there is no "bed of chips."
- If you have leftover sauce it's really good on veggies too.

Marinade

Chicken

Dressing

Additional Ingredients

Directions

  1. Combine marinade ingredients then chicken in a medium bowl and allow to marinade for 2-3 hours.
  2. Combinine dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, cover, and chill until needed.
  3. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
  4. Arrange the cooked chicken in a baking pan, brush with prepared mexi-ranch dressing, and sprinkle with cheese.
  5. Broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or just until the cheese has melted.
  6. Serve the chicken over a bed of crumbled chips.

2 comments:

Emalily said...

mmmmm.....what do you serve it with?

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

It's sort of Mexican like but my husband doesn't like black beans or rice but that's what I'd serve it with if he would eat them!

Followers