Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cranberry Salad or Cranberry Fluff

I think the "real" name for this salad is Cranberry Fluff. It's very much an old school, church cookbook, grandma's kitchen type recipe. When Paul and I got married I quit going back to mom and dad's for Thanksgiving since we do Thanksgiving and Christmas with Paul's family over Thanksgiving. Well, this salad is the one Thanksgiving dish I refused to miss. (I really miss the apple & raisin stuffing too though). I'm not convinced anyone in Paul's family eats it when I make it, but I don't care. I make it for me!

Oh and it's a good one even if you aren't fond of cranberries as all the other stuff makes it so sweet it tastes good!

2 cups frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
1 container of cool whip

Grate cranberries (I use a mini food processor) and mix with sugar. Let stand 2 hours. Add pineapple & marshmallows and refrigerate overnight. Add cool whip before serving. You may need to drain off some of the "juice" before mixing in the cool whip to keep it from being too soupy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know this recipe! My Granma used to make it, and serve it fresh or frozen. I think there is a variation with nuts in it too.

Followers