Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

When I was a teenager a good friend introduced me to the wonderful combination of pumpkin and chocolate in the form of muffins. Honestly, I think the recipe her mom made was supposed to have raisins in it but added chocolate chips instead. Anyway, this is one of my favorite treats in the fall and I ate it like it was going out of style the year I was pregnant with Leah. (2 loaves a week!). Oh and the recipe is great as a bread but tastes equally as well as muffins, just bake for 30 minutes instead of an hour. If you are opposed to chocolate feel free to omit the chips!

1 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup water

1 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon & ginger (or cheat and use pumpkin pie spice like I did)
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream together the sugar & butter. Add eggs, pumpkin & water. Sift flour with soda, salt, baking powder & 1/2 tsp of each spice. Add to pumpkin mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill pans 1/2 full. Bake at 325 for about an hour.

No comments:

Followers